Just when I was about to give up, the Eagles won the Super Bowl, and I knew, at that moment, the Era of the American Reformation had begun.
Oh, the symbolism and signifiers surrounding this year’s Super Bowl winners abound, and I can barely wait to symbol, and signify, for anyone who cares to read beyond this point. (I’m ecstatic!) To wit:
- The Super Bowl occurred barely a week following the closing of the super triad blood moon portal on January 31st, 2017; a very rare cosmic event, that creates volatile energy bursts, positively kicking us into the next six months with edge, and agility. (Okay, I’m pretty sure I explained that whole lunar thing wrong, which is why I included the hyperlink, for anyone who would like a little clarity on this tangent.)
- Eagles soar, with majesty. And of course, our country’s symbol, is the American bald eagle. This matters a lot right now, because this past year, flying both high, AND proud, has not been our nation’s catchiest jingle.
- In politics 2017, executive orders were signed, followed by devastating hurricanes, mass shootings, earthquakes, the Russia investigation, protest marches turning into crime scenes, then California suffered forest fires, and landslides… And Puerto Rico – a shameful national disgrace! Not taking the biblical hint, the Orange Menace actually became MORE insulting (if that was even possible from the year before, he did manage it without breaking a sweat).
- As you can imagine, I forgot to look at the bright side of last year, which has kicked us into a stellar, TAKE THAT 2018! Starting with my prediction that…
- Mr. Kaepernick WON’T be short on job offers into the new year. Movie rights on the book deal (plenty of escarole…) Oh! Endorsements galore in the coming few years for being the American Reformation Era civil rights harbinger. So, I wouldn’t worry too much about the over-fed, pale-faced, NFL plantation owners NOT picking you up for another season, my new favorite celebrity athlete. The world is now your oyster. As far as I’m concerned, the NFL has major soul-searching to do, before they make any more public statements about… pretty much, anything. You can check out The Intercept for a bit more on THAT tangent.
- I forgot – and then remembered (real quick, I remembered!) that I spent my first ten years growing up just outside of Philadelphia, before moving to Hilton Head, SC. So, there. I was born an Eagles fan! Go figure.
- All right now. Since when, did cheaters, and liars in this country start getting off the hook, with a wink, and a fine just for getting caught? WHEN DID THAT CRAP BECOME OKAY AROUND HERE? I never received an addendum to the list of deadly sins and Commandments saying, “(heh-heh), deflating footballs, inflating market values, rigging voting elections, doping yourself with steroids, and betting on games you have a stake in, aren’t a big deal any more, so have at it. America will bail you out, as long as you’re rich, white, and remember to vote for the Man.” Some of us, who still respect good sportsmanship, AND THE LAW, don’t just get over it that easily!
- Time is of the essence when it comes to establishing a new era, so brevity is our goal today. Yes, I can hear some of you chortling to yourselves, “Carmen wouldn’t know brevity if it smacked her three pages down.” I know, very funny.
It might be hard for you to believe, this past year has been difficult containing myself after downsizing my firm, in the interest of… reducing my carbon footprint, among other reasons. Since restructuring here at hiltonheadblogangel.me, we have found a more suitable schedule and, of course now, since the lay-offs, and less overhead, well, it’s just me and Sam here, running things, for now.
So, that means, we expect to see you guys back here next time, because we’ve got a lot more work coming up.
Like, I’m still busting a gut, waiting to see if Trey Gowdy will repeat – with a straight face – what he said on Face the Nation last Sunday, “I enjoy the pursuit of fairness as a virtue.” Yep. He said that with yellow whiskers growing awry all over his face.
It’s okay, if you all need to go somewhere and put you finger down your throat, go ahead. This is probably a good stopping off point for today.
See you next time for Chapter II of the American Reformation Era!